Wednesday 23 December 2009

Christmas Appeal - Cine Esteli


Some of you might have heard me banging on about CINE ESTELI, a single screen 1950s cinema in Esteli, Nicaragua. I spent nine years (1985-1994) in Nicaragua and watched quite a few films at this cinema (including some seminal viewing experiences like BLUE VELVET). It's still operating but is in risk of being closed given poor infrastructure and low admissions. I am trying to get the place refurbished and help Eric, the guy who runs it, to be able to programme something other than Hollywood leftovers.

Actress GRETA SCACCHI has agreed to be a patron of the cinema and will be attending our fund raising screening of CINEMA PARADISO on the 29th December at 6.15pm

We've got a Facebook page for it here.

Please do come along and join us for a great cause and a fantastic film.

1 comment:

  1. Just booked my tickets for Tuesday. As well as a very worthy cause, it's another "film I haven't seen on the Big Screen that I really WANT to see on the Big Screen" knocked off my mental list. (Electra Glide In Blue for a Late Night at The Duke's?!) See you there...

    ReplyDelete