Sunday 30 August 2009

Venice, Day 1




I arrived this morning to the beautiful island of San Servolo, which feels like a spiritual retreat of some kind, and given its origins as an insane asylum, I am not surprised. A quiet, serene atmosphere is only upset by some of the more avant garde art on display (the place is a arts university during term time).

The CICAE staff are all helpful and super nice and everyone genuinely seems to be happy to be here, which is good.

It ws my only day off so I took the No. 20 Vaporetto and headed into Venice and overdid it. Too much food, walking, ice cream and people...and a touch of sun stroke. Tomorrow our course starts in full and from the 2nd Sep, the Mostra. I'll be trying to see as many film as possible and I am really keen on THE ROAD, CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY, LIFE DURING WARTIME, SOUTH OF THE BORDER, BAD LIEUTENANT and hopefully some good surprises.

Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks fabulous - can't wait to hear more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright for some!?! It's been miserable here all day! I've heard the new Michael Moore Doc. is a return to form - I'll be interested to hear your verdict...

    ReplyDelete