Monday 19 April 2010

UK Box Office 16-18 Apr

Another week, another 3D box office bonanza. But exhibitors weren't happy as the good weather and the end of the easter school holidays kept people outdoors. Should be interesting to see what, if any, effect the volcanic ash phenomenon had on cinema admissions. DEAR JOHN debuted with a healthy take, despite its lack of household names. Newcomers THE GHOST did decent business while Ricky Gervais' CEMETERY JUNCTION failed to take off. REPO MEN didn't even crack the Top 10 (Alex Cox will be smiling somewhere)

1-DEAR JOHN (£1,995,093)
2-CLASH OF THE TITANS (£1,556,691)
3-HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (£1,282,492)
4-KICK ASS (£908,931)
5-NANNY MCPHEE 2 (£886,996)
6-THE GHOST (£853,678)
7-ALICE IN WONDERLAND (£496,062)
8-CEMETERY JUNCTION (£431,635)
9-THE BLIND SIDE (£297,993)
10-REMEMBER ME (£223,862)

5 comments:

  1. hey!

    My co-presenter on our podcast mentioned you and we recommended you to our listeners on 'The Simon and Jo Film Show' - its on this weeks show, dated 18/04/2010!

    Simon
    www.screeninsight.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much....we shall bee listening soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a trailer for Dear John & nearly threw up in my own mouth. Kick-Ass was great & I'm going to see Cemetery Junction later this week (not my idea so It'd better be good)

    I'm planning on coming to see The Infidel at your though soon (not at your house, at the cinema!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Won't lie 'Urban'... I was not happy with Cemetery Junction...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over a week since I went to the Cinema!?! (Kick-Ass at The Dukes) Been working while the rest of you have been basking in the Sun or hunkered down in the dark in our favourite "Uni-plex". Gonna try and catch up with EVERYTHING on my days off (even Cemetary Junction!) VERY excited about seeing Psycho on the Big Screen for the first time, though! I won't care HOW nice an afternoon it is outside!

    ReplyDelete