Friday 18 September 2009

Cambridge Day 4


Today I watched WHITE LIGHTNIN', a violent, lighter-fluid soaked, perverse biopic of tap-dancing white trash legend Jesco White. Imagine WALK THE LINE, now imagine the complete opposite: no redemption, no love story, no Hollywood-tinged clean-up. This is the real deal. Not sure if its suitable for most audiences (lots and lots of violence), and actor Edward Hogg's boyish good looks and perfect teeth don't really fit the character he is playing, but still this is a ballsy, dynamic film.

I made a mistake in my earlier post - I thought today was Saturday an instead of WHITE LIGHTNIN' I thought I'd be watching THE RED SHOES. Oh well. That's tomorrow. Till then.

Picture caption: The Cambridge film poster collection. Oh to have the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment